The HPE OfficeConnect 1420 Switch Series delivers cost-effective gigabit Ethernet (1GbE) connectivity offering home and small business 10 times the performance of Fast Ethernet with unmanaged plug-and-play simplicity.
All models support silent fanless operation, automated features for hands-off operation and low power consumption.
- Unmanaged plug-and-play Gigabit Ethernet switching
- Green features for low power consumption
- Fanless design for silent operation
- Quality of Service capabilities for improved network efficiency
- Limited lifetime warranty
Ease of use
- Unmanaged: provides plug-and-play simplicity
- Auto-speed negotiation: selects individual port speed automatically, depending on client capabilities; removing the need for manual intervention enables simple plug-and-play operation
- Comprehensive LED display with per-port indicators: provides an at-a-glance view of the status, activity, speed, and full-duplex operation of the switches
- Flow control: helps ensure reliable communications during full-duplex operation
- HPE/IEEE Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on all RJ-45 ports
- Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Connectivity: supports high-speed Ethernet connections over highly affordable copper Category 5 cabling.
- IEEE 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE+): provides up to 30 W per port, which allows support of the latest PoE+-capable devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras, as well as any IEEE 802.3af compliant end device; reduces the cost of additional electrical cabling and circuits that would otherwise be necessary in IP phone and WLAN deployments (for PoE model)
- Energy-efficient Ethernet support: supports new IEEE 802.3az standard; and allows lower power consumption, when operated with IEEE-compliant client
- devices in 100 Mb/s mode only
- Half-/full-duplex auto-negotiating capability on every port: doubles the throughput of every port.
- Jumbo frame support: allows frames up to 9,216 bytes to be switched through the network
- Fanless design: enables quiet operation for deployment in open spaces
- Internal power supply: delivers operational convenience and an environment suitable for business operations
Quality of Service (QoS)
- IEEE 802.1p prioritization: delivers data to devices, based on the priority and type of traffic
- DiffServ Code Point (DSCP) support: allows real-time traffic prioritization, based on L3 TOS/DSCP parameters
Warranty and support
This series comes with a Limited Lifetime Warranty providing next business day advance hardware replacement shipment, 24x7 phone support available for the first 90 days, and electronic and business hours phone support for the entire warranty period.